Molot is stereo and mono audio signal dynamic range compressor implemented in VST format.
Molot compressor is generally designed for use on groups of instruments (busses) due to special optimal sounding characteristics and due to relatively high CPU load, which limits the number of compressor instances. Nonetheless the compressor can also be successfully used on separate audio tracks. Molot compressor has distinctive sound allowing its usage not only for technical purpose of dynamic range compression but also for artistic sound coloration, which happens due to usage of saturation with even harmonics, dithering that gives effect of «air» and oversampling with non-linear phase response that gives effect of «depth». All these above-listed features can optionally be switched off.
- Aggressive hammering sound.
- Suits for rock drums and bass.
- Can be used on tracks and busses.
- Very clean sound.
- Switchable sigmoid attack curve.
- Smooth saturation.
- Mid-scoop EQ for simple tonal balance fix.
- Built-in limiter for peaks suppressing.
- Almost zero latency (2 samples).
- Up to 8x oversampling.
- USSR military style GUI.
- Switchable language EN/RU.
- VST Windows x64 version;
- VST Windows x86 version (CPU with SSE2 support required);
- VST Mac OS X 32-bit version.